Monday, May 24, 2010

Randall's Island

The view of East Harlem from Randall's Island.
The footbridge.
Kane and I took a long, long walk on Sunday morning. It was overcast, but still a beautiful and refreshing day. Our first stop was over the 103rd Street footbridge to Randall's Island. Kane trains people there sometimes, but it was my first time to go and it was so awesome! We've already got plans to go back for a picnic. The island is mostly devoted to public park space and athletic fields. How cool are those fields right under the bridge?



7 comments:

  1. Randall's Island is like a little oasis from the city life, yet it is so close. I really had a great time walking with Kendall and the field under the bridge was really neat. We plan on running there alot more during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so awesome. Kane, I have heard you speak of it and now I know why you like it so much. I'm glad you were able to share it with Kendall. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been there! Thanks for sharing these photos, looks like it was a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Those fields remind me of the fields on the East Side Highway, I guess between the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridge. Maybe they're not still there, but I always thought it would be so cool to play sports right on the East River!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you captured these views to perfection! overcast but the place also cast over serenity all over it...am sure you had a great day! verbena cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. so peaceful! i love bridges! this one is no exception :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for swinging by my little corner of blogville. I'm so glad you did, because now I know about all of the prettiness on your blog! I'm adding you to my reader. :)

    ReplyDelete