Thursday, May 6, 2010

Center 44


I attended a fun little design industry event last night at Center 44. It was my first time there, and I like the concept. It's a showroom space that accomodates about 75 antiques and art dealers in a high-end "booth" set-up. Most of the vendors featured at Center 44 have their goods for sale on 1st Dibs as well.

While there, I was reminded of my love for Venini polyhedral glass lighting from the 1960s. There were so many excellent examples of it there! The clear and amethyst color combo (see picture below) is my favorite, but you can also find it in amber and blue glass. There are some more great pieces here and here.

6 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. I havn't gotten to go to many parties with this job. SIGH!!!! Looked like lost of fun. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mirror ball; this sounds very grand;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool concept. Hope you will post some photos of the designer booths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lighting is really cool. Glad you got to go to the ball. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for introducing me to such amazing lighting! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that sounds like fun! You know if it's an industry event the people are going to be cool and easy to talk to, because you're all interested in the same things! Regarding your comment on my post, we're Episcopalians, the drinkers of the religious world! LOL, even though I don't personally drink, I enjoy watching them put away the wine after services!

    ReplyDelete