I feel like I should start this post with a recap of my 2011 resolutions. You can see that post here. Here's a brief summary of how I did:
1. Read more books. I suceeded quite well with this one. It feels good to have recaptured one of my favorite personal activities. And I also discovered one of my new favorite authors this year. Ann Patchett. I'd recommend any of her books, and also her new bookstore that she's opened here in Nashville.
2. Paint more. I painted a handful of things, but I'd say that in general I wasn't successful. Maybe this year...
3. Take a really great trip. Didn't work out. :)
4. Develop and expand my blog. I'm counting this as a success since I have lots of new followers and also because after two years I still love doing it.
5. Buy a house. This was the most important item on my list, and we did it!! Kane and I love our new home and have already made so many great memories in it.
Well, 3 out of 5 ain't bad! I'm going to call our first full year back in Tennessee a success. Now for my 2012 resolutions:
Make a career change. Don't get me wrong, I love being an interior designer. I just need to approach it from a different angle. I've got something in the works that I'll keep you all posted about!
Improve my health. Leaving New York meant better mental health for me, but it's also lead to a more sedentary lifestyle. I need to work on staying more active this year, and finding a routine I can stick with.
Take a great trip. This is a repeat from last year. We didn't accomplish it because, well, we bought a house! But I've got a good feeling about this year. We'll have been married for 5 years this fall, and it seems like the right time to get away.
Make as many improvements on our new house as possible. This one is self-explanatory. We love the house, but it needs a lot of love!
Image found via We Heart It.
Expand my blog and Etsy shop. This is also a repeat from my 2011 list. I still enjoy blogging after two years, so I'm going to continue giving it my best. My new Etsy shop, also called A Girl in the World, will hopefully become an outlet for all the creative little crafty projects I always want to try. It's an experiment. We'll see how it goes!
This turned into a really long post, but it feels good to put goals in writing. I want to hear what all of your goals are for 2012! Big and small. Be sure to leave a comment letting me know!