Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Book Review: The Hunger Games Trilogy

Image found via Wikipedia.
I haven't done a book review since September, so I think it's time for another one! I read The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins before Christmas and was really impressed by it. They're in the 'Young Adult' genre, but like Harry Potter and the Twilight books, they're suited for adults as well.

The main character is a teenage girl named Katniss who lives in Panem, a country located in North America where the United States once was. Her story is dramatic and exciting, and addicting!  

I finished the three books in about four days, so that alone tells you how entertaining they are! The first movie comes out in March, so I'd recommend reading them before then! You can see the trailer here.

Have you read anything great lately?

3 comments:

  1. These books were amazing! I can't wait for the movie to come out. I just finished Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns) by Mindy Kaling and highly recommend it. It was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things about the series. I'll definitely be checking them out soon. I've also heard that Is Everyone Hanging out Without me? is hilarious.

      Delete
  2. Your review is quite timely! I just cracked open the first Hunger Games book. I'm finding it a little light right now, but maybe that's because I'm taking a break from A Storm of Swords (the third book in the Song of Ice and Fire series, which is pretty DENSE). But I've got the first and second book in this series on hand, so I may make some headway this weekend!

    I finished Lauren Hillenbrand's Unbroken a couple weeks ago. It was SUCH a compelling account of Olympic gold medalist Louis Zamperini's WWII experiences. If I Live to Be 100 by NPR's Neenah Ellis was an entertaining and inspiring look at the lives of our nation's centenarians. I also received French Milk by Lucy Knisley in the mail. It's an illustrated travelogue detailing her experiences in France. I suggest you read all three!

    ReplyDelete