So far, we've knocked out the following:
- Refinished the hardwood floors ebony. We love it!
- Repainted the walls Benjamin Moore Kendall Charcoal.
- Repainted the ceiling Benjamin Moore Decorator's White.
- Hung temporary roller shades on the windows, so we don't become the talk of the neighborhood.
- New duvet and shams from Ikea. Thanks to my Mom for bringing them from Dallas! We really need an Ikea in Nashville.
- New-to-me desk that I'm using as the bedside table on the left, given to me by Mema G and Pepa B.
- Install new baseboards, and get them painted.
- Paint the peeling door and window casings.
- Replace the ugly ceiling fan with a pretty new shade fixture. (It's ordered, I can't wait for it to come in!)
- Lay a seagrass rug on the floor. (It's ordered, too!)
- Hang new curtain panels on a ceiling track on three walls.
- Refinish the desk on the left of the bed and dress it up with new hardware.
- Replace my old red lampshade with a new greige linen shade.
- Repaint an old chest of drawers that my Mother and Father-in-law are giving to us and locate it to the left of the closet door.
- Hang new artwork.
This is our gifted desk. It just needs a little facelift.
The picture above is where our chest of drawers will go.
And this picture shows the great wall where I'll feature artwork.