Sunday, September 5, 2010

Corn and Tomato Salad

I made a new easy recipe today and I love the way it turned out. It started when I stopped at a farmstand on my way home today and bought a container of perfect little grape tomatoes. I found a recipe for corn and tomato salad online, and then altered it to fit my taste.

The great thing about this recipe is that you don't really have to measure anything. You just add as much of each ingredient as you like.

1 bag of frozen corn (you could also use fresh or canned corn) 
1 container of grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 of a sweet onion, diced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 2 limes
1/4 cup rice vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

All you do is thaw the corn, and then toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl and chill. It's so good!


2 comments:

  1. This looks so good. It makes me want some right now. I will try it. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite summer salads...yum!

    ReplyDelete