Sunday, November 20, 2011

Master Bedroom Drapery

After having these Ikea drapery panels and ceiling tracks in my posession for months (literally since August) I finally got them hung today. Thanks to my Mom for hemming them for me this week. Installing the track took longer than expected, hence the really dark night time photos, but I just couldn't wait to show you!

The goal was for our Master Bedroom to be really dark and cozy, with drapery on three walls that envelope the room. Success! I'm so pleased with how it turned out. Check out this post for what our Master Bedroom looked like originally and this in-progress post.
Up next: replacing our $10 Lowes roller shade (which is now a glaring white spot in our charcoal bedroom) with a Roman shade, and painting our window casings to match the walls and new baseboards. I also have plans to either make or buy an upholstered headboard for our bed, and paint some new artwork to hang in front of the drapery walls. But hey, one thing at a time. :)

11 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous!
    Cozy and sexy at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looks awesome!!! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coziness! And those gorgeous dark baseboards. Swoon. Do you have a good source for affordable natural fiber rugs like the one in your space? I'd love to know!

    And to answer your question, I was knee deep in a white and green chinoiserie mural this weekend. Come take a peak!

    http://athousandlaughingstarfish.blogspot.com/2011/11/powder-room-mural-sneak-peak.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cozy room! Your space really turned out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dark and dramatic bedroom - great job! I desperately need to find a drapery option for my transom windows that let in way too much light in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, you really have created a dark and cozy room. So clever. Nx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's the drama of the black curtain? It looks sexy to me and made the room warm and comfy to sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kendall, your bedroom looks fabulous!!! I love the drapery panels. Its so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, thanks for visiting my blog today! I love progress/process posts, and this drapery looks awesome! We did our guest room in deep, deep navy (paint), and I love how soothing it is. Though I am literally just today trying to deal with the bright whiteness of the cheap roller shade! Hoping I can cover it with fabric. we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Hanging drapes the length of my entire bedroom wall is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, but haven't had the guts to do. I love the way yours turned out. So dramatic! I bet you feel like you are sleeping in a fancy hotel suite every night :)

    ReplyDelete